On today’s show we are joined with Logan Waller. Logan is a broker out of the Dallas-Fort Worth area, founder and president of the Waller Group. The Waller Group is a real estate brokerage group and was consistently ranked within the top 20 teams in the nation by Wall Street Journal, under RE/MAX. In 2011, the Waller Group became an independent brokerage and has been providing full service brokerage throughout the metroplex since 2012.
Last episode we looked at the real estate market from the perspective of an agent, and this episode we will be diving into the perspective of a broker. Logan obtained his real estate license in 1997 with a goal to invest in real estate and follow in his family’s footsteps. With that goal in mind, Logan bought his first house at the age of 18 and never looked back. Today, Logan shares more about getting started in the real estate market, how to develop a sales velocity, and the challenges of starting your own business, and pursuing your dreams.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Getting a first exposure to entrepreneurship through a vending machine business.
- How Logan got hooked onto real estate, buying his first house for only $6,000.
- Logan’s method and strategy for scouting and purchasing his first house.
- Developing a sales velocity to identify the best real estate deals.
- The benefits of being a broker within the real estate market.
- Top real estate training for the fundamental real estate basics.
- Accelerating your career by surrounding yourself with people you can learn from.
- The inception of the Waller Group and the challenges of starting a company.
- Understanding distressed real estate markets to find the best investment opportunities.
- Why most agents are not cut out to be investors.
- Daily habits that contributed to Logan’s success.
- The importance of focusing on identifying sellers and getting them listed.
- How your goals and milestones should evolve with different stages of your life.
- Standing out above the crowd, and getting sellers to choose your brokerage.
- Deciding which real estate deals to invest in and which to take to your buyers.
- The importance of creating value within your business, above all.
- And much more!
“If you can’t sell, then you can’t make any money.” — Logan Waller @Waller_Group [0:13:45.0]
“I was a typical realtor; I made $200,000 a year and spent $210,00 a year.” — Logan Waller @Waller_Group [0:16:47.0]
“80% of your resources, time, and money should be spent finding sellers.” — Logan Waller @Waller_Group [0:27:40.0]
“Focus on creating value and the profit will follow.” — Logan Waller @Waller_Group [0:43:55.0]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Audible Free Trial — audibletrial.com/beforethemillions
Waller Group — http://wallergrouphomes.com/
Mike Ferry Real Estate Training — http://www.mikeferry.com/
CCIM Courses — http://www.ccim.com/education/
The E-Myth by Michael Gerber — https://www.amazon.com/E-Myth-Revisited-Small-Businesses-About/dp/0887307280
Good to Great by Jim Collins — https://www.amazon.com/Good-Great-Some-Companies-Others/dp/0066620996