Mark Dolfini is a husband, father, and a veteran of the United States Marines. He owns several million dollars worth of real estate and has actively managed over $40 million in real estate in his 20 years of being in the real estate business. That is not what makes his story so compelling. Mark has Time-Wealth. He is now able to control his calendar to do the things he wants, when he wants, and with whom he wants to do them.
Marine veteran, Mark Dolfini received a Bachelor of Science in Accounting at Purdue University. He is the Managing Broker of June Palms Property Management, LLC and the CEO of Landlord Coach, LLC. Mark Dolfini is also the author of The Time-Wealthy Investor.
On today’s episode, we talk to Mark about his journey into entrepreneurship after leaving his corporate accounting career. He shares with us his story as a high school graduate to finally joining the U.S. Marine Corps and becoming an real estate investor. After he joined the military, Mark realized he needed to get his life on track and start making some serious plans to make a better future for himself and his family.
You’ll learn how to use the concept of “anticipated joy” to create the life of your dreams. You’ll also learn why every investor must become a student of business in order to succeed. Mark breaks down The “VIP” concept and how you can use it today to structure your business and achieve the goals you have for your life.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Mark’s journey into entrepreneurship from being a first endeavor vegetable stand in his parent’s garden in upstate New York
- Importance of setting up a infostructure that fits your vision for your dream life
- The story of how Mark brought his first real estate property (while attending college)
- Mark’s favorite failure to date that set up him and his business for later success
- Why you need to understand the difference between self-employment and business ownership
- How Mark rebuilt his real estate portfolio and business after losing millions of dollars due to a health
- How you can create a system to help you run your business and not let the business run you
- Why you should become a “student of business” and learn the systems and infrastructure of how successful companies are built and managed
- Importance of investing in great property management software
- The #1 investment Mark made to take his real estate business and network to the next level
- The 2 most important questions every real estate investor must ask to avoid bottlenecking
- Why you need to learn how to eliminate, delegate or automate low-end tasks to free up your time as a entrepreneur
- What “VIP” is and how you can use it as a investor and entrepreneur to achieve your goals and dreams
- V- Vision: Establishing a crystal clear picture of what exactly you want your life to be like. Write down everyday what that vision is and have an accountability partner to keep you accountable through the process.
- I- Infostructure: How you will run your business. Think of this as train tracks for your business. This is the foundation for everything.
- P- Process: The rules you will operate on top of the infostructure. If you find yourself involved in every aspect of the business, ask yourself these 2 questions: Is this the best use of my time? Can I delegate, eliminate or automate this task?
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode
Mark’s Website: Landlord Coach
Mark’s Favorite Book: Think & Grow Rich
Mark’s Favorite Lifestyle Design Apps:
Property Boss Solutions: Customizable Property Management Software
Contactually is an intelligent CRM for real estate professionals.
Access The Best Strategies, Tips & Advice!
Every week, we send an email sharing my best advice, tips and strategies related to Real Estate Investing. Each of these weekly emails contain relevant and actionable information that can help you no matter where you are in your investing journey.
Have you heard of the Rule of 97? In 1897, 97% of Americans were employers. By 1997, 97% of Americans were employees. A new time is upon us and another major shift is coming. As we continue to leverage the power of the internet and technology, it’s easier than ever to become a location independent entrepreneur and investor. We discuss this immensely in this weeks’ Tip of the Week.
Even more profound, on todays show, today’s guest Edna Keep and I are going to show you the path to 5k in 90 Days.
Edna Keep’s journey from single mom at age 16 – living in subsidized housing
with a daughter in subsidized daycare – to multi-millionaire Real Estate
Entrepreneur and Coach inspires others. Her major operations are long-term
buy-and-hold rentals apartment buildings. Her claim to fame is a $60 Million
real estate portfolio built with “Other People’s Money.”
She is the author of Multiple Ways To Wealth: Creating Your Prosperous Lifestyle and real estate investment teacher, has a deep understanding of what investors want in a deal. As a former financial advisor, Edna helps connect investors with everyday people who want to create true passive income for the long term.
We share a passion for helping individuals hit their first milestone of 5k in passive income and we breakdown exact how you can achieve this in 3 easy steps:
- Build a “Power” Team around you to do the heavy lifting (most important – you need a mentor to be apart of that team).
- Shift your MINDSET -> You are the prize!
- GO BIG (we’ll define this in the episode)
Links mentioned in the show:
We’ve been going strong for a good 10 years now. We, as in the general real estate market. We’ve been on cruise control and loving it. Can it get any better? Or is our time up?
Every 10 years there seems to be some major event that disrupts our market. Today’s guest, Mark Walters, breakdowns down our current disruptions and if we should be sitting on the sidelines, cash in hand, waiting for the crash.
In either event, one of the best ways to approach the situation is buying great deals. The way you buy great deals is to find motivated sellers. We cover this extensively on today’s show.
Mark, however, is a 3rd generation real estate investor who got his start as a broker. After the savings and loan crisis of the late 1980’s and early 1990’s, in 1992 him and his family packed up all their California belongings – moved to Arizona and began buying properties with the intention of riding the market up.
Guess what? The old crystal ball must have been working because over the following years Phoenix became one of the top real estate investing areas in the country. Today’s crystal ball may bring doom and gloom to some but opportunity to others.
Find out how on today’s show….
Links mentioned in the show:
David Sweeney, today’s guest, is currently a lieutenant with the Seattle Police Department. He’s been with SPD for over 30 years! At the early age of 53, he made a life decision to start investing in cash flow real estate.
Today, David is an active real estate investor and a licensed Windermere real estate agent in Washington State. He enjoys helping people achieve their real estate goals. On this episode he provides a wide array of knowledge whether you are an investor, a flipper, or a homeowner, he provides actionable knowledge and inspiration for all walks of life. If you think it’s too late to start investing, you’re wrong!
If you want to learn how you can never have to worry about money again, this episode is for you!
P.S We’re Hiring! —–>>>> click here for job openings
P.P.S Live Q&A this Thursday @ 1pm CST! —–>>>> click here to join
Links mentioned in the show:
Is your home an asset or liability? Find out on today’s show.
We had the pleasure of interviewing multifamily investment specialist, Joseph Gozlan. In our conversation, we learn more about multifamily properties, the pitfalls of single family investing, and how individuals can participate in multifamily investments with their retirement dollars.
Joseph, the founder of EBG Acquisitions. Leading group acquisitions of over $10MM in real estate and providing asset management services to a portfolio of 156 units and growing. Joseph has over 17 years of experience in the software industry, 12 of which working for publicly traded companies such as GameStop and JCPenney which enhanced his business acumen, analytical skills and “big picture” perspective, all skills that he leverages in his real estate business.
We spend a good amount of our conversation explaining how and why you may want to view your primary home in a different light..
You don’t want to miss this one!
Links mentioned in the show: