Marco Santarelli purchased his first real estate investment at the age of 18. He successfully handled the entire rehab and property management of his first property without ever taking a course or reading a book on the subject. Marco is an investor, author, and founder of Norada Real Estate Investments — a national real estate investment firm offering turnkey investment property in growth markets nationwide.
On today’s show, we discussed how Marco got his start in real estate and what inspired him to start his company, Norada Real Estate Investments. You’ll also learn the importance of educating yourself on real estate, asking the right questions and taking action. Marco talks about why real estate is a great place to create and store long-term wealth. In the episode, you’ll learn what turnkey investing is and the pros and cons of active vs. passive real estate investing.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Why you should never pursue an investment only for the money
- Importance of investing in assets that you understand
- The 5 key benefits of using real estate as an investment vehicle
- What first time investors need to know about turnkey investments
- Lessons learned about building a real estate portfolio of 84 properties
- The difference between being an active vs. passive real estate investor
If you are looking for a group of individuals that look after their own and help real estate investors far and wide, then I encourage you to join our Facebook group where like minded individuals like yourself are connecting, exchanging ideas and doing deals everyday.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode
Favorite App: Audible
Have you heard of the Rule of 97? In 1897, 97% of Americans were employers. By 1997, 97% of Americans were employees. A new time is upon us and another major shift is coming. As we continue to leverage the power of the internet and technology, it’s easier than ever to become a location independent entrepreneur and investor. We discuss this immensely in this weeks’ Tip of the Week.
Even more profound, on todays show, today’s guest Edna Keep and I are going to show you the path to 5k in 90 Days.
Edna Keep’s journey from single mom at age 16 – living in subsidized housing
with a daughter in subsidized daycare – to multi-millionaire Real Estate
Entrepreneur and Coach inspires others. Her major operations are long-term
buy-and-hold rentals apartment buildings. Her claim to fame is a $60 Million
real estate portfolio built with “Other People’s Money.”
She is the author of Multiple Ways To Wealth: Creating Your Prosperous Lifestyle
and real estate investment teacher, has a deep understanding of what investors
want in a deal. As a former financial advisor, Edna helps connect investors with
everyday people who want to create true passive income for the long term.
We share a passion for helping individuals hit their first milestone of 5k in passive income and we breakdown exact how you can achieve this in 3 easy steps:
- Build a “Power” Team around you to do the heavy lifting (most important – you need a mentor to be apart of that team).
- Shift your MINDSET -> You are the prize!
- GO BIG (we’ll define this in the episode)
Links mentioned in the show:
I’m not sure if there is a truly 100% passive investment out there but rental real estate comes pretty close, especially when you have the right property management team in place to oversee the day to day activities of your business.
Today we had the pleasure of interviewing multifamily investor, Sepehr Bekam. In our conversation, we learn about how we can truly create passive income with real estate investing through property management. We learn the pitfalls of hiring a bad manager and we get to hear some horror stories as well.
Sep Bekam is founder and CEO of Bekam Investment Group. He is a former electrical engineer and started investing in 2010. He retired at the age of 31 and is a full-time, professional real estate investor. Sep and his Team have successfully repositioned challenging neighborhoods and have literally “moved the line” to make communities safer, cleaner, and more affordable. Bekam Investment Group currently owns 9 multi-family properties, an office building, and more than 120 houses in 5 states.
You don’t want to miss this one!
Links mentioned in the show:
In our 1st multi-guest show, we welcome Tim and Thomas Black of Napali Capital group. Tim and Tom are brother’s who specialize in the buy, hold and repositioning of large commercial real estate to create passive income streams for its investors.
Tim has spent his 30-year career at Six Flags Theme Parks and Great Wolf Resorts. Throughout this 30-year span, Tim became well versed in operations, strategic planning, marketing, sales, revenue management and real estate development.
Thomas is a board certified physician in Emergency Medicine. He is an active blogger in the healthcare community and passionate about translating high income earners into high net worth individuals through passive real estate investing.
Topics discussed on today’s show:
Real Estate Market Outlook in 2018
The Best Areas to Invest in 2018
The Work-Life Balance of a Medical Doctor and Real Estate Investor
Today we welcome Derek Pankaew, Performance Marketing Manager at KIND and Co-founder of Flexr, the world’s first foldable, travel-friendly pullup bar. Derek is also the founder of E-Commerce companies such as FoosballPlanet.com, an online site for all things foosball tables, and Nutrabear, a vitamin gummy bear company. Derek has years of experience with organic and paid marketing channels and was responsible for managing the supply of these products in addition to sourcing manufacturers and suppliers. He’s sold multiple six figures in information products, and has done the same with physical products.
In this episode Derek discusses how he got involved in the digital marketing industry and what led him to starting successful e-commerce companies. He also talks about his latest venture, FLEXR and gives advice and tips to anyone wanting to get into the e-commerce world.
Key Points From This Episode:
- At what point Derek decided to drop school and someday become an entrepreneur.
- How Derek grew his skillset in the internet marketing space.
- When Derek started utilizing his skills to create his own business.
- Hear how Derek started off in affiliate marketing and why it’s difficult as a first-timer.
- The transition from affiliate marketing to e-commerce.
- Why it’s easier to sell physical products than digital products.
- Understanding Derek’s WHY for building big businesses.
- The importance of paying attention to the long term.
- Discover how FLEXR came about.
- How Derek incorporated the Nutrabear business model to be successful.
- Find out what a typical day is like in the life of Derek.
- Hear about Dan’s travel rewards course, Travel Hacking.
- Understand why Peter Thiel’s book, Zero to One is one of Derek’s favorite books.
- Discover where Derek invests his money.
- Derek’s mentors throughout his career that have helped him get to where he is today.
- Getting into e-commerce and learning through doing.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Derek Pankaew — https://www.facebook.com/derek.pankaew
Robert Kiyosaki’s book, Rich Dad, Poor Dad — https://www.amazon.com/Rich-Sharon-Lechter-Robert-Kiyosaki/dp/3442217784/
Travel Hacking — Get Free Flights With Travel Hacking!
Peter Thiel’s book, Zero to One — https://www.amazon.com/Zero-One-Notes-Startups-Future/dp/0804139296/