Born and raised on the south-side of Chicago, today’s guest, Pongee Barnes embarked on her real estate career as a college student in 2005 at the age of 20, buying her first condo.
From 2008-2011, Pongee owned a furniture rental staging business which birthed from her passion of staging and flipping homes. Today, as a seasoned investor, more than her passion for real estate she has a central focus on inspiring black millennials to invest.
On today’s episode, we discuss the ups and downs of “hands on” landlording but more specifically, managing your rentals with a partner.
Key Points From This Episode:
- How Pongee lost money on her 1st deal
- Why Pongee started staging property, renting furniture & flipping homes
- Why Pongee decided to drop out of Law School
- How to take advantage of “Cash for Keys”
- If and how you should partner with your spouse
- How to raise a family around real estate investing
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Before the Millions Books:
Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley
Lifestyle Design App:
Free Training: Building A Lifestyle Business Through Real Estate Investing