Ross Hamilton started investing in real estate in 2001 at 19 years of age and has personally owned or partnered in hundreds of real estate investments around the US. In his early 20’s, using the profits earned from his real estate investing business, Ross founded ConnectedInvestors online platform. The Connected Investors platform has grown into a real estate investment marketplace and the premier social network of over half a million real estate investors.
His platform is the first company to build a private money marketplace that allows real estate investors to easily get loan offers from multiple private money lenders by simply tapping a few buttons. The tech company facilitates over $3B in fix and flip and buy and hold funding requests each month.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Ross’s transition from BMX to Real Estate
- The emergence of Facebook for Real Estate Investors
- How Ross linked up with the CEO of LendingTree
- How Connected Investors grew to hundreds of thousands of users
- Where to find the best/cheapest private money
- What else to look for in a private money partner
- How to become a private money lender
- How to get private money lenders to fight for your deal
- If you should find funding 1st or the deal 1st
- As a brand new lender, how you should price yourself
- Amazon and Real Estate
- How to find deals in todays market
- Hyper Targeting deals (cheatcode)
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
Lifestyle Design App:
Almost 10 years ago, Ryan G. Wright started investing in fix and flip properties. He soon saw that it was difficult to get funding quickly on these properties, much less from reputable and reliable sources. The solution was Do Hard Money, a private hard money company that offers short-term funding for real estate investors. Coming from a background of real estate investing, he understood the needs investors have. He wanted to provide a way for others to grow their real estate investing business by offering short term loans with no money down and no monthly payments. Ryan has been a featured speaker for Bank of America, CitiMortgage, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Inside Mortgage Finance and the ReCaptivate Conference for real estate professionals.
On today’s episode, we talk to Ryan about the secrets to success (show up, show up on time and show up prepared) in getting started in investing in real estate. Ryan talks with us about the concept of using private lending and hard money rental loans to finance your real estate investment deals. You’ll also learn the pros and cons of investing in single family housing vs. duplex/triplex and multifamily deals. Lastly, Ryan shares with us how lenders can sometimes construct demand based upon how much capital they have available.
Key Points From This Episode:
- How investing in single family can be a better option than multi-units (tenants, turnover, cash flow, etc.)
- Why your goals shouldn’t never be tied to your self-worth
- The 2 ways you can use hard money lender to buy rentals (Low cash to close or hard money rental loan)
- What is a hard money rental loan (what is the process, requirements, terms, conditions, etc.)
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode
Ryan’s Website: https://www.dohardmoney.com/
Ryan’s Favorite Books: Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand https://amzn.to/2OtPqmb
Ryan’s Favorite Lifestyle Design App: Audible is the largest selection of audiobooks and original audio performances anywhere! https://www.audible.com/
Freebie: Download any 2 audio books for free when you try audible for 30 days: https://beforethemillions.com/book
Access The Best Strategies, Tips & Advice !
Every week, we send an email sharing my best advice, tips and strategies related to Real Estate Investing. Each of these weekly emails contain relevant and actionable information that can help you no matter where you are in your investing journey.