On today’s show we have financial advisor and real estate investor, Brent Sutherland. Brent has worked in financial services for over 11 years, both in the corporate accounting and investment world, and in the boutique financial planning arena. He has witnessed, firsthand, how the financial services industry has fashioned itself into an overly complex machine in an effort to cause confusion, encourage mistakes, and justify fees; all to better benefit its own bottom line.
Brent is the owner of a financial planning company called Ntellivest, and his objective is to help individuals turn off the noise and challenge the traditional approach to financial planning and thinking. He believes there is a strong correlation between financial noise and financial mistakes, which can further delay one’s personal financial success. In his experience as a financial advisor and personal finance enthusiast, Brent has found that most often the simplest solutions and some outside the box thinking will better help individuals on their way towards having a better grip of their own financial world.
Key Points From This Episode
- Find out what early retirement means to Brent.
- Brent shares his story and dives into more of his background and who he is today.
- Discover how Brent developed his financial skills first before applying them to his own finances.
- Learn how Brent got started in real estate investing alongside his financial planning business.
- Find out why financial advisors working on commission are not partial to real estate investing.
- Understand more about the differences between stocks and real estate; both good and bad.
- Learn how to make good investments and structure your portfolio to yield the best returns.
- Find out what to look for to find the right financial advisor that is aligned with your fee structure and your investment interests.
- Learn how Brent got started with his company, how it works, and what services they offer.
- Find out how Brent plans to grow his business in his three-year plan.
- Discover Brent’s opinions on Snapchat and whether people should be buying into it.
- Find out which books had the biggest impact on Brent’s life.
- Hear about the sacrifices Brent had to make before the millions.
- Brent gives advice to new financial advisors on how to build up your credibility.
- Understand why you need to start stepping out of the system and start thinking differently.
- And much more!
[spp-tweet tweet=”“People do not act rationally when it comes to money.” — Brent Sutherland”]
[spp-tweet tweet=”“People are better off if they have a diversified investment picture that includes stocks, bonds, and real estate.” — Brent Sutherland”]
[spp-tweet tweet=”“Experience is key. If you can make the experience more valuable early on you’re going to be a lot better off.” — Brent Sutherland”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Brent Sutherland’s Website – http://www.ntellivest.com/
NAPFA – https://www.napfa.org/
Access The Best Strategies, Tips & Advice!
Every week, we send an email sharing my best advice, tips and strategies related to Real Estate Investing. Each of these weekly emails contain relevant and actionable information that can help you no matter where you are in your investing journey.