Gino Barbaro is a licensed realtor, investor, business owner and entrepreneur. He has been investing in real estate for 15 years and has grown his portfolio to 675 units valued at over $32 million in 3 years. He has teamed up with Jake Stenziano to create JakeandGino.com, a real estate educational company that offers coaching and training in real estate investing. He is the bestselling author of Wheelbarrow Profits, as well as the author of the best-selling cookbook, Family, Food and the Friars. Gino is a graduate of the Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching (IPEC) and is a Certified Professional Coach.
In this episode we get into a lot of Gino’s story, the restaurant business he was in for 25 years and how he turned his sights onto real estate and multifamily investing. We also get into belief systems, discovering your why, and setting out your goals. Next, we unpack the importance of understanding how you can best achieve your goals based on your why, depending on whether or not your why is moving away from pain or towards pleasure.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Gino tells us how he got into the restaurant business 25 years ago.
- Hear more about the 4 energy blocks.
- What lead Gino to challenge himself to become successful.
- The reasons why Gino decided to leave the restaurant business.
- Listen as Gino explains how he turned toward real estate.
- Understand the differences between single family and multifamily properties.
- How asking thought provoking questions extracts the “why” out of Gino’s students.
- The importance of having a strong reason why, no matter what you do in life.
- How Jake and Gino have made their partnership work.
- The characteristic that made Gino want to partner with Jake.
- Find out how you can get into multifamily real estate.
- Listen as Gino explains his short and long term goals to grow his business.
- Understand what Gino means when he talks about repurposing $4 million dollars.
- Discover the importance of buying right.
- Gino tells us how the infinite banking concept is a great strategy to lock in.
- Find out which two books are Gino’s favorite Before the Millions books.
- The sacrifices Gina had to make to get to where he is today.
- Why listening to motivational speakers inspired Gino in business.
- The advice Gino has for millennials wanting to get into business.
- How limiting beliefs stop people from reaching their true potential and success.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
— Multifamily Mastery Program by Wheelbarrow Profits
Access The Best Strategies, Tips & Advice!
Every week, we send an email sharing my best advice, tips and strategies related to Real Estate Investing. Each of these weekly emails contain relevant and actionable information that can help you no matter where you are in your investing journey.