Mark Dolfini is a husband, father, and a veteran of the United States Marines. He owns several million dollars worth of real estate and has actively managed over $40 million in real estate in his 20 years of being in the real estate business. That is not what makes his story so compelling. Mark has Time-Wealth. He is now able to control his calendar to do the things he wants, when he wants, and with whom he wants to do them.
Marine veteran, Mark Dolfini received a Bachelor of Science in Accounting at Purdue University. He is the Managing Broker of June Palms Property Management, LLC and the CEO of Landlord Coach, LLC. Mark Dolfini is also the author of The Time-Wealthy Investor.
On today’s episode, we talk to Mark about his journey into entrepreneurship after leaving his corporate accounting career. He shares with us his story as a high school graduate to finally joining the U.S. Marine Corps and becoming an real estate investor. After he joined the military, Mark realized he needed to get his life on track and start making some serious plans to make a better future for himself and his family.
You’ll learn how to use the concept of “anticipated joy” to create the life of your dreams. You’ll also learn why every investor must become a student of business in order to succeed. Mark breaks down The “VIP” concept and how you can use it today to structure your business and achieve the goals you have for your life.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Mark’s journey into entrepreneurship from being a first endeavor vegetable stand in his parent’s garden in upstate New York
- Importance of setting up a infostructure that fits your vision for your dream life
- The story of how Mark brought his first real estate property (while attending college)
- Mark’s favorite failure to date that set up him and his business for later success
- Why you need to understand the difference between self-employment and business ownership
- How Mark rebuilt his real estate portfolio and business after losing millions of dollars due to a health
- How you can create a system to help you run your business and not let the business run you
- Why you should become a “student of business” and learn the systems and infrastructure of how successful companies are built and managed
- Importance of investing in great property management software
- The #1 investment Mark made to take his real estate business and network to the next level
- The 2 most important questions every real estate investor must ask to avoid bottlenecking
- Why you need to learn how to eliminate, delegate or automate low-end tasks to free up your time as a entrepreneur
- What “VIP” is and how you can use it as a investor and entrepreneur to achieve your goals and dreams
- V- Vision: Establishing a crystal clear picture of what exactly you want your life to be like. Write down everyday what that vision is and have an accountability partner to keep you accountable through the process.
- I- Infostructure: How you will run your business. Think of this as train tracks for your business. This is the foundation for everything.
- P- Process: The rules you will operate on top of the infostructure. If you find yourself involved in every aspect of the business, ask yourself these 2 questions: Is this the best use of my time? Can I delegate, eliminate or automate this task?
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode
Mark’s Website: Landlord Coach
Mark’s Favorite Book: Think & Grow Rich
Mark’s Favorite Lifestyle Design Apps:
Property Boss Solutions: Customizable Property Management Software
Contactually is an intelligent CRM for real estate professionals.
Access The Best Strategies, Tips & Advice!
Every week, we send an email sharing my best advice, tips and strategies related to Real Estate Investing. Each of these weekly emails contain relevant and actionable information that can help you no matter where you are in your investing journey.