Today we welcome Tyler Sheff to the show. Tyler is the CEO of Cashflowguys.com, a company which aims to educate their clientele in investing in real estate and building long-term wealth. Tyler is a licensed real estate problem solver, educator, investor and syndicator.
His professional career has included time as a soldier in the US Army Military Police, a Florida Certified Police Officer and Firefighter, a Contractor, a Repair Technician, and a Boat Captain. Truly a varied career that has helped pave the way for his success today. In today’s episode, Tyler shares his journey into real estate, why and how he transitioned out of fixing and flipping into investing, and why it was so important for him to make the shift.
Key Points From This Episode:
- How Tyler came upon his path and made the shift towards his career today.
- The importance of having a good work ethic on your journey towards building wealth.
- Why there is no good result that comes from accumulating piles of cash.
- Learning about the advantage of building various streams of income.
- Understanding why Tyler shifted out of fixing and flipping and into real estate investing.
- How a crazy tax bill forced Tyler to get a regular 9 to 5 job.
- Figuring out how to reprogram your mind to create cashflow.
- The mindset barrier that holds most people back from getting started in real estate.
- Understanding that money is mindset; leveraging other people’s money.
- How Cash Flow Guys got started and their purpose.
- The way Tyler used his first four-plex property to escape the rat-race.
- Influence and success stories that came out of Tyler’s Podcast since it launched.
- Tyler’s advice and tips to maximize profitability as a landlord.
- Understanding why you should always hire-out property management.
- Why you should always surround yourself with experts, and not go it alone.
[spp-tweet tweet=”“Real estate investing, or any type of wealth-building activity, is not for the lazy.” — @tyler_sheff“]
[spp-tweet tweet=”“Anything that you do that accumulates piles of money is usually either illegal or heavily taxed.” — @tyler_sheff“]
[spp-tweet tweet=”“What makes me different is that I figured out a way to get the answers to the questions I had.” — @tyler_sheff“]
[spp-tweet tweet=” “You’re not free if you’re a slave to your properties.” — @tyler_sheff“]
[spp-tweet tweet=”“People are more willing to decide on the end of something before they even try it.” — @tyler_sheff“]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Tyler Sheff — http://tylersheff.com/
Cash Flow Guys — http://www.cashflowguys.com/
Audible Trial – www.audibletrial.com/beforethemillions
Evernote — https://evernote.com/
Stacy Cross, Comfort Killers — http://thecomfortkillers.com/
FinCon — https://finconexpo.com/
Larry Harbolt — http://www.larryharbolt.com/
Access The Best Strategies, Tips & Advice!
Every week, we send an email sharing my best advice, tips and strategies related to Real Estate Investing. Each of these weekly emails contain relevant and actionable information that can help you no matter where you are in your investing journey.